Monday, November 24, 2008

Give Thanks


Somewhere crammed between Halloween and Christmas is Thanksgiving. Poor Thanksgiving is unfortunately lost between two major holidays. What other holiday has a 90% off sale six full days BEFORE the actual date? I love Hobby Lobby and was quite grateful that they had Thanksgiving merchandise at such a “buy-me” price point.

But for the real reason for me writing today…

Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks and be grateful for what one has and of course eat turkey and other comfort foods. As you see, giving thanks should be celebrated all of the time. Whether the economy is on the up or the down of the rollercoaster, being appreciative is important every day. We too often forget that our enthusiasm should be directed to having “things” such as freedom, the rights that American citizens are afforded, freedom of speech and to practice the religion of our choice, and so many other “things.”

So I take today and each day to privately say a “thank-you” for all that I have in this world. And I take this Thursday to publicly give thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: