Sunday, December 28, 2008

Did Your Favorite Song Make the List? I Sure Hope Not!


With the end of 2008 quickly approaching, the tidal wave of “lists” ooze out of the woodwork. As a DJ/MC, music is a lifeblood for weddings and parties. So, when I stumbled across the Blender’s “Top 50 Worst Songs Ever” list, I had to examine it closely.

I am happy to announce that in 2008, I only had to play seven of the top 50 worst songs. I guess 14% makes me feel better considering how many songs I have to play a year for weddings. At least the number one worst song (“We Built this City”) has not been on a single one of our client's play lists in the last twenty years.

Maybe what was more interesting about this article was the reader's input section. Readers sure shared their ideas of which songs they thought should have made this horror of musical horrors list. Wedding “staples” in some people's mind, songs like the “Macarena,” “Cha-Cha Slide,” and the “Electric Slide," made the readers worst choice list.

The article was a riot to read and sure gives me reassurance that some songs won’t be requested any time soon at weddings.

No comments: