Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Dance Opens the Dance Floor


I started feeling a little sentimental about “first dance” song selections when I was finishing up music for the next couple of wedding receptions. It made me think that there are so many wonderful love songs out there for bridal couples. I generally recommend that a couple select a song that is meaningful to them specifically. I mean this is the song that traditionally "opens" the dance floor and lets guests know that it is alright to make their way to the dance floor themselves.


In the past, I have had couples want to change things on the order of their traditions for their reception. That is fine as long as you have your first actual dance activity as the "first dance."


I came up with a few popular song selections. Of course, the sky is the limit when it comes to "which" song makes the cut.


Always enjoy your wedding planning as it the first step to your new life...


Here are a few first dance song selections and artists:


A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON

LOUIS ARMSTRONG


ALL MY LIFE

KC & JOJO


ANGEL EYES

JEFF HEALEY BAND


CAN’T FIGHT THIS FEELING

REO SPEEDWAGON


CHANCES ARE

SEGAR/MCBRIDE


FROM THIS MOMENT

SHANIA TWAIN & BRIAN WHITE


THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

FRANK SINATRA


KEEPER OF THE STARS

TRACY BIRD


IT’S YOUR LOVE

TIM MCGRAW & FAITH HILL


WHEN YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL

ALLISON KRAUS


YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL

JOE COCKER


MORE THAN WORDS

EXTREME


CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE

ELVIS PRESLEY


COULD I HAVE THIS DANCE

ANNE MURRAY


LOVE WILL KEEP US ALIVE

THE EAGLES


UNCHAINED MELODY

THE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS


WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

LOUIS ARMSTRONG


UNFORGETTABLE

NATALIE & NAT KING COLE


EVERYTHING I DO I DO FOR YOU

BRYAN ADAMS


HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY?

ROD STEWART


I CROSS MY HEART

GEORGE STRAIT


LOVE OF A LIFETIME

FIREHOUSE


FAITHFULLY

JOURNEY


THE FLAME

CHEAP TRICK

No comments: