Thursday, March 6, 2008

“A Complaint Free World”

I was asked to share a follow up about the “Complaint Free World” bracelet. I wear my bracelet almost every day as a reminder that constant complaining is bad for me.

Ideally, it would be great to live a life where everyday:
“I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world”

“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong

We are faced with daily choices and we decide how we make our lives and our world around us. We each must find our own way to make our life more positive and “complaint-free.” I enjoy and find strength in music. I thought about how our lives are filled with positive messages through music and came up with a few examples to share:

1. “In every life we have some trouble. When you worry you make it double”
(Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFarren)
2. “Cause when you worry--Your face will frown--And that will bring everybody down”
(Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFarren)
3. “Eliminate the negative--Latch on to the affirmative”
(Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive by Ella Fitzgerald)
4. “You've got to spread joy up to the maximum--Bring gloom down to the minimum”
(Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive by Ella Fitzgerald)
5. “There are miracles in life I must achieve…But first I know it starts inside of me”
(I Believe I can fly by R. Kelly)
6. “Just whistle while you work (whistle)…And cheerfully together we can tidy up the place”
(Whistle while you work from Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs)
7. “There's no load I can't hold…Road so rough, this I know”
(Life is a Highway by Tom Cochran or Rascal Flatts)
8. “Can you practice what you preach…And would you turn the other cheek”
(Where is the Love by the Black Eyed Peas)
9. “If your life was bad to you…Just think what tomorrow will do”
(Don’t Stop by Christine McVie)
10. “When you get so sick of trying…Just hold tight to your dream”
(Hold on Tight by ELO)

Now, I have been accused of being “too happy.”
Maybe they were really just jealous that positive bubble was bigger than theirs.
I am willing to share my positive vibe “so come along for the ride.”
(Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch)

No comments: